The Philippine Alliance of Human Rights Advocates (PAHRA), an alliance of individuals, institutions and organizations committed to the promotion, protection and realization of human rights in the Philippines formed in 1986, is looking for a project coordinator.
PROJECT TITLE:Strengthening the capacities of human rights organizations to engage the Local Government Units in promoting, protecting and fulfilling the rights of its constituents by establishing the building blocks for the Human Rights Localities in selected areas in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.
- Responsible for the management and implementation of the project according to project documents to achieve expected outputs, outcome and impact of the project.
- Supervision of the project team and the performance of the local area coordinators
- Build the team’s capacities and contribute to a positive working environment
- Develop operational plan for the project and ensure its effective and efficient implementation which would include:
- Coordination and alliance building with government partners, CSOs and LGUs
- Capacity building and HR education in the community
- Chapter formation of Human Rights Defenders formations
- Establishment of HR offices with partner LGUs and monitoring mechanisms
- Coordinate and maintain good cooperation with all stakeholders involved in the implementation of the project, including local partners and local authorities
- Ensuring needed administrative outputs including operational budget, timely narrative and financial reports
- Monitor and track project’s progress and handle any issues that arise
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree and/or equivalent experience
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Human Rights
- Possess organization and interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
Interested applicants may submit CV and Letter of Intent by March 15, 2019 to
and send to email@example.com and copy furnish firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.