By PhilRights Staff
We are hiring!
The Philippine Human Rights Information Center (PhilRights) is currently looking to hire one (1) project-based staff who will work with other Human Rights Defenders in producing knowledge, building capacities, managing information, strengthening cooperation and providing interventions to multi-level stakeholders. This position is for a project based in Metro Manila.
We are looking for a Licensed Social Worker to coordinate the institution’s Support and Intervention Programme for families under extreme distress. The ideal candidate has:
- Proven work experience as a social worker (at least one year)
- Demonstrated ability in planning, coordinating and implementing support and intervention packages to help clients cope with grief and trauma and overcome debilitating psycho-social stresses
- Excellent skills in interviewing clients and assessing their conditions and needs
- Ability to relate, communicate and work effectively with children, families, from a wide range of cultural, social and economic backgrounds
- Excellent skills in liaising with professionals, institutions and service providers
- Ability to organize, manage and prioritize the analytical aspects of social work in providing purposeful services to clients
- Ability to work independently and flexibly, as well as cooperatively as part of a team
- Strong commitment to human rights and social justice
Applications should include a letter of motivation and C.V. and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to the Executive Director, PhilRights, with the reference SW-2018 in the subject line.
Deadline: 5 p.m., Monday, January 8, 2018
Short-listed candidates will be informed by e-mail by the second week of January, and interviews will be conducted shortly thereafter. PhilRights regrets it is unable to respond to those who have not been shortlisted.
PhilRights adheres to a policy of equal opportunities and accepts applications without distinction on any grounds.